Friday, October 16, 2009

My First Blog Award!

Yesterday I was pleased to discover that Diane over at 1 Card Creator
awarded me with the "Honest Scrap" award! Now I'm supposed to pass it along to 5 other deserving crafters and share 10 things about myself.
The 5 I'm going to give this award to are.....

Anita at the The Hovey Hut , Anita is my SU! Upline and she is a VERY talented lady!

Next is a lady I met on Planet Paper Craft, Myrt whom cards I always LOVE and she is always so gracious. You can visit her at Myrt's Card O Craft.

I met the next lady on Splitcoast, Lynn at Stamperosity, Lynn is a very busy lady who designs for Gina K and I'm always inspired by her creations!

Next up is Shell at Stamping Art Innovations, one of my Sisters of the Sisterhood of Blogging Stampers, Shell has a great blog full of ideas and inspiration :)

Finally, last but NOT least...Wendy another one of my "sistas". Wendy is truly an inspiration, not only with her paper crafting but with the battle that she faces everyday. Her strength is amazing and I can only hope to be as strong as this lady if the time ever comes. Check her out at Any Time of Life, It's Good to Be Alive!

So now 10 things about myself....hmmm let's see...

1. I have 3 children, 2 from my first marriage (Abby age 11 & Lucas age 9) and 1 from my current and LAST marriage (Liam, almost 1 year).
2. My cat Sockey is older than Abby, he's almost 14!
3. I've worked for the Nova Scotia Liquor Corp for the last 5 and 1/2 years in the Merchandising division and LOVE my job!
4. I love to sing and do so often at church :)
5. I'm hooked on the Twilight series and can't wait for the New Moon movie this November!!
6. I'm addicted to coffee, chocolate and hugs from my kids.
7. I only like rainy days when I don't have to go out and can stay home wrapped in a warm blanket with a good book.
8. My BIGGEST pet peeve is sitting in traffic....I hate hate hate it!!!
9. I spend to much time on Facebook and not enough time in my craft room.
10. My husband is my very best friend in the whole wide world and he was actually the Best Man at my first wedding....THAT should get ya all talking! LOL

Thanks for taking the time to "get to know me" and congrats to the above 5 talented and amazing women!
-K

5 comments:

Lynn Mercurio on October 16, 2009 at 9:32 PM said...

Aww....Kim, I touched that you consider me worthy of this honor. Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Myrt on October 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM said...

...awwww, thank you Kim, that's so nice! I will take a closer look tomorrow, I am getting a little tired right now.

Wendy on October 17, 2009 at 1:43 AM said...

Kim, thank you so much for the award.....that is really cool! I am also touched that you said such nice things about me, and I am truly humbled. I honestly put myself "out there" to draw attention to breast cancer awareness, and hope that my message is heard.....you have helped that by the mention on your blog, and I appreciate that more than you know.
{Hugs} to you!
Wendy

P.S. I am going to email you privately sometime to discuss SBS28
because I truly do not know what is going on with the group!!

Unknown on October 17, 2009 at 9:08 AM said...

Thanks Kim...and you're right that #10 is VERY interesting LOL

* Shell B.* on October 18, 2009 at 4:59 AM said...

Hey Kim.
Thanks so much for this award, it's an honor & thanks for your kind words also.........so glad that you are one of my Sister in blog land!

That we get a chance to check upon each other to see what is going on in there lives & art projects.

Hugs my friend
Shell~Alaska
SBS28

 

The Paper Craft Diva Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon